Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How Embarressing!




Have you ever had an embarressing moment?
It’s kind of a fact of life, we all have silly and embarrassing things that happen. And we love to see them happen to other people don’t we. That’s why Americans Funniest Home Videos has been on for so many years. It is great to laugh at someone, when they are in a funny situation, but it is not always that comfortable when you are the center of attention and that embarrassing moment happens to be all yours.
I’m sure that just my opening statement, has brought the thoughts of an uncontrollable situation you have been in. I can think of many that have happen to both me and other people.
How do you react in this type of situation? Do you hide, laugh, get mad, or do it again and hope you will look even dumber the second time around?
Sometime, I can’t help but wonder, if we are created in Gods likeness, what kind of sense of humor does he have. Does he look at us and laugh, or think he really didn’t intend for us to be that dumb? Nevertheless we are human and all of us face strange situations in life and how we respond to them, often effects the lasting impression they have on us.
I recently had a situation where I was somewhat embarrassed about a situation that was beyond my control. Looking back, if this would have happened to me when I was younger, it would have been a big deal to me. I use to be very self-conscience, so being embarrassed would have had a lasting effect on my. But now I just laughed and enjoyed telling others the story, knowing it would make them laugh.
I had to get up at 5:30 that morning to leave the house at 7. Then school started at 8:30. The first thing we do after roll every morning is pray. I always walk around the room during this time, it helps me to focus. It wasn’t until after 30 minutes of walking and praying that a friend decided to tell me that I had a large whole in the back of my pants. What would we do with out friends! So I laughed and went on to tell everybody, just incase they didn’t see the whole.

Another thing that I find embarrassing is when someone thinks they know you from somewhere and you don’t remember ever seeing them before. Not too long ago I walked out of a funeral, where I knew very few people and I heard a man say, “Look there’s Brenda”. I immediately looked to see who was talking about me and did not recognize the man nor his wife. I had to talk to them for several minutes before I could remember them.
Even the Bible talks about embarrassing moments. In the book of Matthew Chapter 7 Jesus said that not everyone that called him Lord would go to heaven. Can you image standing before Jesus as he looks through the book of life only to find out your name is not in it ? Asking Him to look again because maybe he spelled your name wrong would be out of the question. Here is what the scripture says Vs.21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Vs.22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? Vs.23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
We never know when this will be. It is easy to think that you have plenty of time to make things right later. But our lives can end suddenly, without notice. Just because you think you are a good person, does not mean that Jesus knows you.
So what do you need to do, just admit to him you are not perfect, none of us are. And ask him to forgive you, and believe he died on the cross for your sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment