Monday, February 22, 2010

Where's the Peace?

After spending many hours applying for jobs on line, I finally accepted a part-time position, merchandising with a large company. Then after spending 3 long days of training out of town (which was great, we went out to eat for lunch, and dinner, woohoo, I felt special)
I missed another week of school to catch up with all the work that had not been done in the stores for a while. It did not take long for me to figure out that this was not your average part-time job. It was requiring me to work 9 to 11 hours a day.
I found that the whole time I was working I was completely stressed out. Things were not turning out like I expected them to. So today I returned to school, (Bible College) and in prayer 1st hour, I realized, what was missing in my life the last few weeks. It was the first time, I had felt peace, in a while. Even though it seemed as though I was to work another job, it seems right that I should pay my bills. But not at the expense of me stepping away from the reason I am here.
I want to encourage everyone to find what it is that you are supposed to be doing and go for it—no matter what. I’m probably not going to be a student the rest of my life (Please Lord, hear my prayer!) but for now that is what I am to do. Until I have completed this task, because I know it is the Lord’s will for me at this time, I can’t allow being drawn away from it. There is great peace in knowing, and following Gods’ will.
Today, I had an assignment in a class to speak about Gods grace. During this time, I read 1 Corinthians 10: 14 it says, “Therefore, my brethren, flee from idolatry!” I remember at one time thinking, ‘Well even when I didn’t know Christ, I never worshipped any wooden statues or false gods”. But in reality, any thing that causes us to sin, or takes us out of Gods’ will for our lives becomes an idol. Because we are putting it before God.
Soooooo, I have a choice, I can be upset, about my situation or I can be obedient to God. I will quit the job, while looking for another. I will pray, and apply Gods word to my situation. I feel better just writing about it. I will continue in Gods joy, peace and blessing, knowing that I have done his will.
Yes! This reminds me of a scripture about rewards. I like rewards! Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him

No comments:

Post a Comment