Saturday, March 20, 2010

What's on Your Mind?

Several years ago I wrote this song  "My Minds on Heaven." I had come to the realization that what is on my mind can distract me from what is in my heart. This must be why in both Matt 22:37, Mark 12:30 and Luke 10:27 Jesus said “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.” This combination is mentioned because what goes on in one directly affects the others.
Sin starts in our mind, we have a thought and then choose whether we will act on it or not. If we have the word of God in our heart, when Satan brings an evil thought, we will follow what is in our heart. Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Because I know what Jesus did for me, when he took my sins to the cross, I don’t want to sin.

2 Corinthians 10:4-6 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

How do we replace evil thoughts with good ones? I like how Philippians 4:8 says it, “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things re pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment